Trinity Academy Halifax
Deputy Curriculum Leader- Maths
Scale L1- L8 (£42,195 - £50,151 per annum)
Up to £10,000 recruitment and retention allowance available for an outstanding candidate
Trinity Academy Halifax is the outstanding flagship school in Trinity Multi-Academy Trust and the lead school in the Trinity Teaching School Alliance and West Yorkshire Maths Hub. It is also home of White Rose Maths, an internationally renowned institution that provides resources and training for children and teachers across the world. In 2019 the academy was awarded the World Class Schools quality mark.
The academy has a relentless focus on improving and being the very best we can be for students in our care. Our vision is to inspire each and every student to achieve their potential through high-quality teaching, provided within an environment led by our Christian values.
Our record-breaking GCSE results are evidence of the high academic achievements of our students, and are viewed as the pinnacle of the school’s success. Our Progress 8 scores place us consistently in the top 5% of all schools nationally (+0.59 in 2018 and +0.61 in 2019).
We are currently looking for a dynamic, passionate and inspirational Deputy Curriculum Leader in Maths, who has excellent subject knowledge and is able to contribute to continued improvements in progress and student attainment.
Trinity Multi Academy Trust is a forward thinking, vibrant and growing trust, currently comprising of 10 academies including secondary, primary and post-16 and we have plans to grow even further in 2021.
What can we offer you?
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- Outstanding student behaviour with a first class behaviour for learning system
- Excellent teaching resources and world class facilities
- A chance to change the lives of young people from deprived socio-economic backgrounds
- An excellent CPD package for staff, including a further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Trinity Teaching School Alliance
- Opportunities to participate in local and national initiatives with West Yorkshire Maths Hub and White Rose Maths
- A range of staff benefits, including reduced cost health cover and cycle to work scheme
- As a high performing academy and a growing trust, we can offer real opportunities for growth and career development
What are we looking for?
- A dynamic, passionate and inspirational leader
- A commitment to achieving the highest outcomes for all students
- A candidate with high expectations of themselves and others
Applicants should have a passion for enabling all children to become skillful mathematicians and an enthusiasm for continual professional development as a teacher. As a successful applicant you would be joining a supportive and dedicated team of mathematics educators, secure in the knowledge that you are part of the flagship academy that sets the standards for the schools in a forward-thinking academy trust.
Start date: To be discussed at Interview
Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 24 February 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 1 March 2021
We would like to invite you to take a virtual look around our academy. You can listen to our teachers and leaders, find out more information about our curriculum areas, and explore the range of facilities. Visit https://halifax.trinitymat.org/working-for-us/virtual-recruitment-event/ and experience what we have to offer!
In addition, for further information about this role, the benefits of working for the trust, and how to apply for this vacancy, visit our working for us page.
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.
Trinity Academy, Halifax
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Trinity Academy Halifax is the founding academy of Trinity Multi Academy Trust. It opened in 2010 and since that time has secured two Ofsted 'outstanding' judgements as well as being designated as a National Support School, a National Teaching School...