Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Deputy Curriculum Leader of English to join “good” school in Surrey. This permanent post is available for a September 2019 start. This role will include teaching KS3 and KS4 students only. This school are open to investing in the future of their staff with further internal promotions moving forward.
About the Role
• Deputy Curriculum Leader of English
• Teaching 11-16 years olds
• Second in charge leadership responsibilities including managing staff
• MPS depending on experience
• Permanent contract
• £26,000 to £39,000
• TLR 2.2 available - £4484.00
• Extensive extra-curricular activities available
About the School
• Rated ‘Good with Outstanding features’ by Ofsted – striving for an ‘Outstanding’ rating in next inspection
• An average sized mixed secondary that has gained various awards relating to the provision of a performing arts academy
• Heavily over-subscribed school
• Supportive of staff wishing to continue their education such as their Master’s Degree or other professional qualifications
• Strong exam results improving year on year
• In 2016 the school achieved their best GCSE results to date, in 2018 above 80+% of year 11 students achieved grade 4 or above in both English and Maths
• Plan fun team building events for staff and students alike to keep the working environment healthy
• Located in Surrey with good rail and road access
In order to be considered for this role, the Deputy Curriculum Leader of English will need to meet the following criteria:
• Must have a degree and QTS or equivalent
• Possess the ability to design exciting, engaging lessons.
• Graduate or equivalent in appropriate subject
• Significant successful teaching experience in a similar setting
• Ability to teach English across KS3 and KS4 at all ability ranges
• OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN12612.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.