We are recruiting for a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead in Digital Safety and Wellbeing, to join Portsmouth Academy. As Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, your role will be to assist the Designated Safeguarding Lead to safeguard all students and to deputise in the absence of the DSL.
What the role will include:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- You will be responsible for keeping an accurate and up to date database of information regarding Safeguarding concerns, actions and information for students.
- Hold allocated cases eg CP CIN EHP etc as delegated by DSL. Ensure all associated paperwork is filed and recorded in line with GDPR.
- Triage and action the Safeguard alerts and ensure that safeguarding practice is followed in regards to all statutory responsibilities.
- Offer advice to staff with regard to routine safeguarding issues and take appropriate action.
- Make direct referrals with outside agencies including; Children’s Services, Police, Mental Health
- Attend and contribute to the digital citizenship working party and drive actions across the school
- Attend meetings with external agencies, parents and students and coordinate and minute as required
What you will need to succeed:
- Knowledge and experience of working with children, young people and families and dealing with barriers to education
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of safeguarding procedures, child protection issues and law and regulations governing the employment of children
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload, and meet deadlines within fixed, sometimes conflicting, timescales
- Experience of working with children and young people, parents / carers to overcome attendance difficulties
- Excellent IT skills, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and internet /email
- Excellent SIMs knowledge
- High level written, oral and listening communication skills for effective interaction with internal and external contacts
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building. The Portsmouth Academy is also on a journey to becoming a Microsoft Showcase School due to our approach to digital learning.
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised support staff pay scale to retain and reward excellent people
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved students who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage anybody who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the Head’s PA, Sue Wood on email@example.com . We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth we are looking to expand our team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at Th...