We are looking for an inspirational and innovative leader who can demonstrate successful experience of being a senior leader in an outstanding school.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate who has vision, a passion for successful student outcomes and excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be one who:
- Is a highly committed team player with drive, energy and passion
- Demonstrates excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Has a genuine commitment to putting students first
- Can analyse problems, reach reasoned judgements and resolve issues
- Demonstrates integrity and leadership with moral purpose
- Is an effective strategic thinker
- Has a proven track record as an effective change manager
- Has remained up to date with current best practice in learning and teaching
Due to the phenomenal growth of our school over its short six-year history, we are looking to appoint a second Deputy Director to oversee curriculum development and student progress in our school. The Deputy Director (Curriculum) will be a member of the School Leadership Team who plays a key role in developing the strategic direction of the school and ensuring the ideals of our school vision are met.
The Deputy Director (Curriculum) will have specific responsibility for:
- Reviewing, developing, and implementing academic programmes that ensure the strategic direction of the school is realised
- Constructing a timetable and appropriate staffing model that supports the curriculum aspirations of the school
- Planning and implementing an assessment and reporting system that best aids and develops student progress
- Overseeing a data, tracking and intervention programme that contributes to the success of our students
- External and internal examinations and the review processes associated with these
Dulwich International High School Suzhou is part of the Dulwich College International family of schools, all of which embrace the core values of our founding school in London. The close collaboration amongst all schools in the group stimulates innovation, encourages an international worldview and provides opportunities to students and staff that are simply outstanding.
Opened in 2012 and with an expected roll of 840 for next year, our successful school mainly caters to mainland Chinese students who will move abroad for university. Our curriculum is based on a modified English National Curriculum with students undertaking IGCSE courses in Years 10 and 11 and A-Level courses in Years 12 and 13, with enrichment courses offered in a number of areas. Our strong focus on Co-curricular activities ensures our highly academic students are prepared well for life abroad. For more information on our school, please visit the website.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a letter of application, full CV and statement of educational philosophy (2-page maximum per document) as a single PDF to the Director’s Personal Assistant, Jenny Cao at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11pm, Friday November 16.
Dulwich International High School Suzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subjected to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.