Deputy Director of Education - Villiers Park Educational Trust
A national fair access charity based near Cambridge seeks an outstanding individual to contribute to the strategic and operational leadership of our Education Team and programmes.
We are looking for a high achiever with a track record of successful educational leadership, and an innovative approach to supporting very able students from less advantaged backgrounds.
To deputise for the Director of Education, assisting with the leadership and strategic development of Villiers Park Educational Trust activities.
To develop, manage and deliver a portfolio of Villiers Park Educational Trust programmes which enable high ability students to achieve their full potential, gain access to a leading university or centre of excellence, and thrive once there.
The Trust has a focus on supporting less advantaged students and is committed to fair access and social mobility.
Ensure that all programmes are of the highest possible quality in terms of the learning experience and outcomes and are perceived as such by third-party stakeholders including teachers, partners and funders.
As a senior member of the Education Team the post-holder will:
· Contribute to the strategic and operational planning of the Trust’s programmes and activities
· Line-manage designated education team staff
· Oversee the Scholars Programme at strategic level
· Directly manage some of the Trust’s programmes at operational level
· Develop a working knowledge of all Villiers Park Educational Trust’s programmes and activities
· Develop constructive relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders
· Establish robust objectives and impact targets in conjunction with the Director of Education and external partners
· Liaise with relevant staff to set budgets and to establish effective reporting
· Play a key role in monitoring of programmes and developing quality assurance and impact analysis processes
· Be given programmes and responsibilities in addition to those identified above, allocated in agreement with the line manager.
As we work with young people, the successful candidate will have to provide an enhanced criminal records disclosure from the DBS (the Trust will arrange this).
Please visit our website www.villierspark.org.uk to find out more about Villiers Park Educational Trust. To apply for this post, please complete the attached application form and email it to Michelle Ashwell, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 17 April 2018.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25 April 2018.