Firth Park Academy is proud to have earned the award for ‘Best Secondary School in Sheffield 2015/16’ (Sheffield Star Best in Education Awards Oct ’15).
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters degree completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are looking for a Deputy Director of Learning in English who really cares about helping our students succeed and is willing to support the development of the English faculty. This role would be a perfect first promotion for an aspirant English teacher and equally a great opportunity for a talented experienced teacher.
You will be joining a department who:
Put students first - We create differentiated resources that are engaging and student-centred; our innovative lessons inspire our learners to achieve. Our consistently high standards of delivery drive improvements and raise aspirations across both key stages.
Supports CPD and career development – We support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, team meetings, peer observations and coaching and mentoring for all new staff.
Enjoy trust wide benefits – We benefit from regular collaboration with experts from our academy trust to ensure we stay ‘ahead of the game’.
Value team spirit and positive working relationships – We support each other through team-teaching and collaborative planning, fostering a positive working environment.
Check out the ‘recruitment’ section under the ‘About Us’ section of our website to find out more.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is passionate about English and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching both Literature and Language at KS3 and KS4
- Has a sense of team and is willing to contribute positively to an enthusiastic and forward-thinking department.
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment.
- Will model, as a Deputy Director, best practice in outstanding teaching and learning across the department and support the development of quality teaching in the department.
- Will play a key role in leading aspects of faculty CPD.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city. Visits are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting our Principal Dean Jones, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (www.firthparkacademy.org) to find out more.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, Cycle2work, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
The position is ideally due to commence in April 2017, but a September start would be considered for the right candidate.
Closing date: Sunday 22 January 2017.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 23 January 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
To apply please click on the apply button or for further information on this position and to make an application please visit: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/SG/1058184/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=74654
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.