North London Academy is a richly vibrant, inclusive learning community in Edmonton, North London. The North London Academy vision is driven by our focus on the importance of trust, respect, support and challenge for each other in order to maximize the life chances of our students and raise the quality of outcomes for all members of the school community.
We are now looking for a Deputy Finance Manager responsible to the Group Finance Manager. The Deputy Finance Manger will be responsible for the day to day, monthly and Year End Accounting and Budget monitoring requirements at designated Academies within the cluster.
This is an exciting time to join our committed community of staff who are striving to create a centre of outstanding teaching and learning in an urban context. The successful candidate will be entrusted to maintain positive relationships with staff, students, contractors, suppliers, hirers and the general public.
The Key Tasks of the role will be:
- Data processing of orders and invoices checking for accuracy and in line with financial procedures
- To ensure orders/invoices are approved within the trusts scheme of delegation, finance regulations and relevant budget holders ensuring they have all relevant supporting documentation.
- Investigate and resolve supplier order & invoices under query, arranging returns and ensuring refunds or credit notes are received
- Day to day administration of lettings, respond to lettings enquiries and regular bookings, raise invoices and ensure payment
- Sales of equipment and uniforms
- Dealing with finance helpdesk queries
- Supporting HR with admin tasks
- Reconcile monthly supplier statements
- Process and reconcile all income
- Daily monitoring and distribution of Wisepay orders and income
- Maintain filing system of financial records
- Maintain high standards when managing confidential information, complying with the data protection policies and legal requirements.
- Carry out general financial and HR admin tasks as directed.
- To ensure all monthly transactions expenditure/income is posted in line with AIM’s nominal bible.
- To ensure all the Academies expenses are processed in line with finance regulations (e.g. FX card, staff expenses).
- To update the Group Finance Manager on staffing and other information affecting the Academies outturn forecasts.
- To ensure a full month end checklist has been completed in line with AIM’s financial timeline.
LOCATION: North London Academy, Turin Road, Edmonton, London, N9 8DQ
If you are interested in applying for this position, we look forward to hearing from you. You will find a job description and application on our website: https://www.aimacademies.org/Current-Vacancies/
Closing date for applications is Sunday 11th August 10pm, interviews to take place 20th August at Head office.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to D.Fincher@londonacademy.org.uk
We regret that due to the amount of applications received we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
We are committed to the protection of children.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
All posts will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.