Institut Le Rosey, a co-educational French baccalaureate and IB World School for 430 pupils with a unique two-campus system, and generally regarded as the leading boarding school in Switzerland, is seeking an outstanding academic leader to become its Deputy Head and Director of Academics from September 2018.
The Deputy Head and Director of Academics (DH) at Le Rosey has a role which includes but goes beyond responsibility for all academic matters at the school, sharing some of the traditional Head Teacher’s duties with the Director-general.
More specifically, he or she is responsible for:
- The organisation of daily life at school
- The organisation and oversight of the school curriculum
- Staff appointments, teaching allocations and appraisal
- School communication in English
The DH reports directly to the Director General. He or she is a member of the la Direction Générale and directly involved in all major decisions regarding the future of the school.
The ideal candidate will have:
- the background and qualifications to be the credible academic leader of a leading international boarding school
- have a genuinely international outlook preferably with international experience (especially the IB diploma programme)
- have a good command of French
Given the fact that Le Rosey differs in many ways from boarding schools elsewhere, it is planned for the appointment to include a preparatory year working with current post holder (the “Headmaster”) from September 2018.
All interested applicants should refer to a full candidate briefing, which includes application procedures, on the school website at http://www.rosey.ch/information/employment/