The Lower School includes Early Years (Pre-Nursery to Reception) and the Pre-Prep School (Y1-Y5). It encourages students to become independent learners; from taking a greater role in their own personal organization to increasing their ability for independent thought and responsibility for their own learning. Students entering Early Years’ experience a vibrant and lively learning environment. Concepts essential to forming a strong foundation in basic skills are explored on a daily basis and the integrated day is conducive to exploration, enquiry and interaction both in and outside the classroom. In the Pre-Prep School, students experience a more formal structure to the School day with discrete subject lessons, an increased number of specialist lessons and an extra-curricular programme. Throughout both phases there is a strong emphasis on Language and Learning and many of the students speak English as a second language. An ability to support Language learning would be a significant advantage.
The Lower School is comprised of our main campus at Hegezhuang and the City Campus Infant School which is on a separate site at Anzhenxili. The main campus at Hegezhuang admits pupils from Pre-Nursery (Age 2) through to Year 5 (Age 10). The Infant School admits pupils from Pre-Nursery (Age 2) through to Year 1 (Age 6). Pupils from the City Campus transfer to our main campus at Hegezhuang to join at Year 2.
Deputy Head for Early Years - HGZ Campus will be offered three-year renewable contracts and a highly competitive compensation package, including on-site accommodation or equivalent accommodation allowance, annual flight and full medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
- At least 2 or more years as qualified teacher.
- A good understanding of curriculum developments in the specific phase area
- An understanding of how Assessment for Learning can improve student performance
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children.
- Effective communication and engagement with children and their families.
- Experience/confidence to teach across the age range of 4-6.
- Teaching experience in an International School
- Know how to challenge and differentiate for children of varying abilities
- Have taken a lead role in organising and implementing extra-curricular activities.
- Open to exploring innovative approaches from across the educational field.
- Subject knowledge sufficient to challenge able students and achieve high outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of positive disciplinary methods.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and its impact on behavior.
Please download the attached job description for a full breakdown of the responsibilities and tasks associated with this role.
Please visit the Harrow Beijing careers portal to complete an online application.
Deadline for submission of applications by 16th April 2021, with fifth- round interviews taking place via Skype from the week commencing 20th April 2021. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be responded to.
Harrow Beijing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and those connected to the school to share this commitment.
Harrow International School Beijing
Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
School and Community
Harrow Beijing is a vibrant community affiliated to the renowned Harrow School in London and Harrow International Schools in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Shanghai. It offers a British-based international education to students aged from...