The Sunflower Federation - Breakspeare School and Meadow Wood School
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational leader to work as a Deputy Headteacher as part of our forward thinking team making a significant positive impact of development of our exceptionally successful Federation.
The Sunflower Federation is a unique school community that strongly believes that synergy and co-operation within the wider school community brings the best outcome for all its members, staff as well as our students. The Sunflower Federation was established in 2017 and is formed of two schools namely Breakspeare and Meadow Wood Schools.
This role offers a motivating opportunity for a highly organised and multi-skilled professional who is able to be creative and think outside of the box, to contribute fully to the professional development of themselves and the wider leadership of the Sunflower Federation.
We are looking for an experienced and highly effective deputy head with the energy, enthusiasm and ambition to join a dedicated Senior Leadership Team of the Sunflower Federation.
We can offer:
- A rewarding post which will make a real difference to the lives of our vulnerable children and young people
- An opportunity to join the Federation at an exciting stage of its future development
- A highly performing, skilled and supportive team who work collaboratively
- A commitment to your personal and professional development
- A supportive governing boardStaff reward and wellbeing package
- always keeping the students’ best interest at the heart their working practice
- motivated to support the positive wellbeing of others
- a practitioner who inspires others
- a creative leader, with experience at a senior level
- excited to offer young people an exceptional learning experience making a real impact on their progress and life opportunities
- able to build strong positive relationships with students, staff and outside professionals
- exceptional communicator with interpersonal skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- able to enhance the ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Good’ performance and development of our schools
- innovative and strategic in your thinking
- willing to undertake CPD and training relevant to the post and the development of the organisation
- committed to become an advocate for the ethos of The Sunflower Federation in the wider community
If you have the passion, enthusiasm and commitment to take on the lead strategic role in driving The Sunflower Federation forward, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Visits to school/s are highly recommended.
For further information and to organise visits please contact Merja Paakkonen or Darren White at Breakspeare School on 01923-263645
CVs alone or CVs submitted via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
The salary will be Leadership Scale 14-19 - £59,592-£67,228
Closing date: Monday 19th April noon
Shortlisting: Monday 19th April pm
Interview Date: Friday 23rd April
Starting Date: September 2021
The Sunflower Federation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service .
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 19 years