This is an exciting opportunity for someone innovative and aspiring to join Leicestershire’s leading preparatory school.
This post is a permanent position and the successful candidate will play a key role at Grace Dieu. The vacancy has arisen as a consequence of the previous post holder moving on to join her family at another school.
Grace Dieu is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Coalville, Ashby de la Zouch and Loughborough. The School nestles in 120 acres of idyllic parkland and is often described as a hidden gem. We are as justifiably proud of our strong academic reputation as we are our broad and balanced curriculum. All that we offer, both inside and outside of the classroom, is rooted in our goal to develop the whole person. Grace Dieu is rated as the leading Prep School in Leicestershire in The Sunday Times, and the Nursery has just been rated Outstanding.
We are seeking an inspirational, confident and energetic leader who can direct and develop the learning and teaching in the broadest sense, while also making a significant contribution to the success and development of the School as a whole – including assisting with the pastoral care of the pupils and the efficient day-to-day management of the School.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team who teaches approximately a 50% timetable, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and be confident to lead change. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate who wants to, and is excited and enthusiastic to, act as a pioneer in developing new initiatives and innovative pedagogy.
We offer a competitive salary and terms and conditions of employment, including a generous fee remission.
The successful candidate will:
- Be independently motivated, professional, personable, positive and able to work effectively as part of a leadership team;
- Be committed to developing all aspects of academic life, as well as supporting the School’s ethos of developing the whole person;
- Be committed to providing high quality of care and education for young children;
- Pro-actively assist in the management of the day-to-day running of all aspects of the School;
- Actively promote the work of the School in the wider community and share in the responsibility for pupil recruitment into the Nursery and the School;
- Maintain effective, professional and positive links with our stakeholder groups including current parents, prospective parents, alumni, community and faith groups and external agencies;
- Ensure appropriate safeguarding of children and staff affiliated with the School at all times;
- Have specialist knowledge and experience of the Primary/Preparatory Schools’ sector;
- Be supportive of our Catholic ethos;
- Be committed to supporting new and experienced staff in maintaining our provision;
- Be committed to their own professional development and supportive of others.
Full details of this position, together with an application form, are available by on the School website - www.gracedieu.com . Or contact the Headmistress’s PA, Ruth Illey, by email email@example.com for further details.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16 March
Interviews will take place in the week Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd March.