Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The most recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school.
BISR has a small satellite primary school at Salwa BAE compound, about 30km from Riyadh. Salwa Garden Village School is a community based school which caters exclusively for the children of residents of the compound with a current roll of approximately 160 students.
The position of Deputy Head at Salwa would suit an enthusiastic person currently in or working towards senior leadership who aspires towards headship. The post would suit an exceptional educator and team leader who wishes to make a substantial contribution to the continued success of this wonderful community school. The appointed candidate will be committed to providing a broad, balanced and inclusive educational experience to children between the ages of 3 and 11.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- fulfil (and in parts exceed) all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment programme including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of internationalism and inter-culturalism in an educational context;
- have proven, successful middle or senior leadership experience improvements;
- have a proven record of supporting curriculum and assessment development;
- manage people positively and with enthusiasm;
- be positive and optimistic by nature, leading collegiately by example, and with high expectations for school
- drive and consolidate the philosophies of child-centred and child-initiated learning;
- be focused on creativity, with a strong knowledge of the national curriculum of England;
- be passionate about preparing all children as lifelong learners;
- have outstanding inter-personnel skills and an abundance of emotional intelligence;
- have respect for individuals’ rights and responsibilities by showing and embracing cultural diversity.
This position has a teaching timetable of 0.4FTE.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/473 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 30th November 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa