Ambitious College is London's only registered Specialist College dedicated to educating and training young people with a primary diagnosis of autism aged 16-25. The college is currently based on two permanent campuses co-located and in partnership with mainstream further education colleges.
Ambitious College is an award winning, Ofsted “Good” day college. We believe that every young person attending Ambitious College deserves a fulfilling, happy and rewarding life. Our person-centred educational approach ensures we focus on the individual learners requirements at all times. We are proud to be an inclusive college with a diverse co-hort that values difference.
If you are ambitious about making the ordinary possible for young adults with autism, can inspire, lead and innovate we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and innovative Deputy Head who has:
- High expectations of our learners achieving their goals and aspirations, along with a commitment to providing education that promotes excellent progress and improves life chances, ‘making the ordinary possible'.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a transdisciplinary team to ensure young adults are prepared for adulthood.
- Experience of working in a culture of change.
- Extensive teaching experience with young adults with complex special education needs.
- Experience of ensuring the objectives outlined in the services development plan are realised through a regular cycle of development planning, implementation, review and evaluation.
- Experience of leading, managing and supporting the development of colleagues through coaching or mentoring.
What we offer:
- Excellent CPD including a wide-range of in house and external training courses.
- As a growing organisation there is opportunity to progress your career.
- Competitive annual salary paid over 52 weeks.
- Annual staff recognition awards.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes including: virtual yoga & zumba classes, running club, art & cooking classes and learning programmes.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to physiotherapy.
- On-site parking.
The position will require regular travel to both college sites.
Role Closes: Sunday 31st January 2021
Applicants informed of outcome: W/C 1st February 2021
First stage interviews: Thursday 11th February 2021
Second Stage Interview: W/C 15th February 2021
Start date: As soon as possible.
For an informal discussion regarding this exciting senior leadership role, please contact Kembi Coakelin: email@example.com
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Ambitious about Autism
N15 4FY & TW7 4HS