Required for April 2022 (the beginning of the Thai academic year) or July 2022
We are searching for an exceptional, innovative and inspiring teacher with successful leadership experience either in the UK or a British Curriculum school overseas.
The Deputy Head will work alongside the Deputy Head of the Foundation Phase to develop and deliver the School’s strategic plans, mission and ethos. The successful candidate will support the day-to-day management and running of the Primary Phase. In addition they will:
- play a key strategic and advisory role as a member of the Academic Leadership Team
- lead all aspects of learning & teaching and pastoral care in the Primary Phase
Amnuay Silpa is the leading bilingual school in Thailand. Dedicated to preserving the Thai Language and Culture in our students we have successfully implemented a unique Synchronised Dual Teaching Model, incorporating the UK and Thai Curriculum (taught by Thai teaching staff). Providing high quality education to just over 1000 pupils aged 3-18, Amnuay Silpa is an exciting and dynamic place to teach with a very clear vision for the future. In 2013 ANS was accredited by Exeter University as the First Thinking School in Asia and in 2016 was awarded Advanced Thinking status. As the hub of excellence in the thinking approach, we are able to provide excellent professional development opportunities for those successfully appointed. In June 2017 we also became a CIS Member School and are now are a candidate for accreditation in November 2021.
The package on offer includes:-
- A two year contract (renewable)
- A competitive salary (paid in Thai Baht)
- Private medical insurance
- Flight into and out of the country at the commencement and completion of the contract
- End of service gratuity
- An inclusive and well-resourced school
- Professional Development opportunities
Candidates are expected to:
- Possess Qualified Teacher status or a Bachelor degree and a PGCE
- Possess strong teaching and leadership skills and be enterprising and proactive
- Have excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Have the ability to implement and monitor effective management systems
- Support the distinctive ethos of the School and actively participate in the School community
- Possess the empathy and understanding required for effective people management
- Be enthusiastic, adaptable and highly committed
- Have knowledge of the UK curriculum
- Have proven experience in the UK (essential) and overseas (desirable)
For an application pack, please contact the School Principal, Mr. Joseph Pine at email@example.com. Applications are by the official application form only. Please do NOT apply directly via the TES quick apply or send CVs or covering letters with any emails. Further information can also be found on the school website www.amnuaysilpa.ac.th
The school is committed to Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding students and all candidates will be expected to provide an Enhanced Police Check and complete a self-disclosure form.
First interviews will be via Google Meet in early January 2022 with final face to face interviews in London in mid January 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to submit a short video of a demonstration lesson.
Closing date for applications to be submitted by noon (UK time) on 2nd January 2022 but please note:
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response, therefore early applications are encouraged.