Fixed Term (Initially 2 years)
We have recently celebrated our 20th year and grown to 4 campuses with over 600 students from Nursery to Year 13. The curriculum includes IB PYP, Cambridge, IGCSE and IBDP programmes. As a British international school, we are a proud member of COBIS.
The successful candidate will be required to take up his/her post in Kyiv, at Nivki Upper Primary and Secondary (Tolbuhina), on 13th August 2018. The position will have a teaching responsibility with a non-contact time allowance and appropriate remuneration.
We are looking for 'Pioneers' not 'Settlers' and are interested in receiving applications from teachers having the following qualifications and experience:
- Being in a position of school leadership for at least 3 years;
- Participation in a team approach to leadership and management, including the management of change;
- Degree and QTS (or equivalent);
- A willingness to contribute to the life of our school as an active team leader;
- A genuine interest in promoting and providing quality learning and teaching;
- Experience with IBDP and/or 'A' Level is desirable;
- Experience of teaching IGCSE/GCSE is essential;
- UK training or experience of working in a British International school is an advantage;
- A proven track record of success in delivering English language and literature at KS4 is an advantage.
Kyiv is a wonderful, accessible and vibrant city in which to live and explore. It gives easy access to other European capitals and beyond. Flight time to the UK is less than 4 hours.
We provide a very competitive salary, gratuity & benefits package which includes accommodation, flights and medical cover. The low cost of living means a high standard in terms of lifestyle may be maintained while still providing an excellent opportunity to save. Teachers with or without dependents are welcome to apply.
To receive an application pack please send an email marked
'Deputy Head - For the attention of the Principal' to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 8am (Kyiv) 28th February 2018
Please note. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Early application is encouraged as school reserves the right to appoint before the advertised deadline if a suitable candidate is found.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or require further information.
We look forward to hearing from you.