Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Deputy Head of Secondary.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. He or she will have overall responsibility for the leadership and development of learning/ teaching and for monitoring pupils’ academic progress. The Deputy Head will help ensure that the curriculum is innovative, meets the needs of pupils and the requirements of local government, and is delivered through high quality teaching and learning that maximises pupils’ academic and pastoral potential. They will be a supportive member of the senior school team and help ensure the success of Malvern College Chengdu as a leading bilingual school in China.
- Lead and develop the curriculum and related programmes and be responsible for the quality of teaching and learning at the School;
- Support the Head of Secondary in driving the overall curriculum of high school
- With the support from the local team, liaise with the local education authorities regarding relevant policies and regulations
- Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures within the school to meet the requirements of internal and external Quality Assurance processes
- Evaluate programme and curriculum standards, instructional practices, and performance reviews of teachers and evaluate departmental work through the monitoring of pupils' progress
- Chair regular departmental/ subject meetings
- Assist the SMT in scheduling of classes and assignment of teachers
- Lead the development, management, and implementation of policies on pupil’s assessment and attainment
- Support the effective transition of pupils through the key stages
- Actively promote the wellbeing of all pupils and uphold safeguarding and child protection procedures within the school
- Take part in the selection process of teaching and support staff
- Induct new teaching staff and plan continuing professional development and other training activities for teachers and academic staff
- Work closely with the Marketing Department on promoting the School
- Initiate and maintain effective communication and good relationship between the school and parents
- Proactively handle the feedback and complaints from parents
- Maintain cooperative professional relationships between the school, the community, and other organizations
- Oversee the procurement process and negotiation for local resources supply
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- A recognized teaching qualification relevant to Secondary Education
- A further qualification in school leadership and management is advantageous
- Minimum of 6 years of teaching experience, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in proven and effective school administration and curriculum leadership and development
- Experience in a boarding school environment is an asset
- Experience in teaching second language learners and working in a bilingual environment a strong plus
- Excellent Command of English
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the local educational system is an asset
- Evidence of on-going professional learning and development
- Awareness of current issues and trends in education – an ability to lead institutional thinking and high-quality professional learning
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative management style
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: July 2021 (or possibly earlier)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Malvern College Chengdu
Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Five Distinctive Features of Malvern’s Xinjin Campus
Nurturing global citizens well versed with Chinese and Western cultures by stages
At Malvern, educating the “whole person” begins with the acquisition of skills and of knowledge. From bilingual imm...