Main duties and responsibilities
• Support Head of Sixth Form in planning the induction of students who are new to the school and support transition from Y11 to the Sixth Form.
• Monitor punctuality and attendance to form and identify students causing concern, developing strategies for intervention.
• Deal with student concerns as they arise.
• Deal with staff concerns as they arise.
• Liaise with parents where necessary.
• Liaise with the Sixth Form team and subject staff regarding student concerns.
• Refer students to external agencies where appropriate.
• Support the delivery of the induction day at the beginning of Y12 and in July.
• Oversee the mentoring of Sixth Form students and act as a mentor yourself.
• Monitor and report on underachieving students as a result of school data drops
• Support the reporting process.
• Be present for GCSE and A Level results – including giving advice to students.
• Assist the UCAS process and support students with their applications.
• Identify students who need to retake exams.
• Analyse results of students and identify those causing concern.
• Supervise Sixth Form study sessions and ensure the students work appropriately.
• Carry out spot checks on subject attendance and update Sixth Form team.
• Prepare and give out tutor information.
• Hold tutor meetings.
• Arrange resources for rotating Life Long Learning lessons.
• Ask staff for volunteering opportunities for students.
• Advertise internal and external opportunities.
• Regularly check on student progress with this.
• Liaise with VInspired regarding volunteering.
• Award certificates as appropriate.
• Coordinate and oversee the prefect system.
• Oversee, coordinate and support Sixth Form events (Eg UCAS Conference, Awards Evening, 6th Form Open Evening and Prom).