Maharishi Free School
Maharishi Free School wishes to appoint an outstanding
Primary Deputy Headteacher
Full-time permanent, with a maximum class size of 18 students.
Start date: 1 September 2017.
The Maharishi Free School is an Academy situated in West Lancashire, north-west England in proximity to both Liverpool and Greater Manchester.
It is a wonderful place to be – a dynamic learning environment combined with a harmonious atmosphere where children aged from 4 – 16 receive the uniquely effective system of Consciousness-based Education. The School is built over two sites, Primary and Secondary each with a Deputy Head.
Creativity and intelligence are systematically developed with a few minutes of Transcendental Meditation (TM) at the beginning and end of the school day. Scientific research – based upon more than 200 studies - has shown that the experience of restful alertness during TM brings balance to the whole physiology, making learning both enjoyable and successful.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to join a School with a very strong, shared and uniquely effective ethos which forms the basis of its success – Consciousness-based Education
- A School that was approved in the first round of Free Schools (2011)
- A School with an excellent reputation and small class sizes (18 pupils per class)
- a School graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted, whose focus is on the holistic development of the students
- Full onsite support for developing your understanding and practice of Consciousness-based Education
- Great staff and a harmonious working environment – where exceptionally high dedication is the norm and staff turnover is rare
- Position reports to the Maharishi School Principal
We are seeking a candidate who will:
- Exhibit outstanding teaching and classroom management
- Radiate creativity and enthusiasm in the classroom
- Have high expectations of yourself and pupils
- Have a genuine commitment to learning about Consciousness-based Education
- Be able to demonstrate and lead through example
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Have outstanding leadership skills/potential
- Be current on effective Primary teaching strategies
Closing Date: 5 May
Interviews: 12 May
To apply please complete the online Application Form, and submit along with a cover letter describing how you meet the above requirements, and the Person Specification and Job Description listed in the downloadable attachments.
Email to: email@example.com
For more information, please visit our website maharishischool.com where you will also find links to our Facebook page and YouTube channel. We would also welcome visits to the School by appointment. To arrange a visit, or to ask any questions please contact:
Richard Scott, Maharishi School Recruitment Panel
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01695 555 791
Interviews: Individual interviews will be agreed for a mutually convenient time.
Maharishi School Primary is located on Cobbs Brow Lane, Skelmersdale, L40 6JJ