Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GFS (GEMS Founders School) opened its doors to over 1800 students in September 2016 from FS1 – Year 8. This is the most successful school opening in GEMS history in terms of enrolment. In September 2017 we welcomed over 3500 students and extended the school to Year 9. Since opening, we have established a positive learning environment for our children and staff following the National Curriculum for England. We have three main pillars that are being embedding at GFS: Languages and Cultural Understanding, Character and Mindfulness. As a British international school with over 100 nationalities, it is important that we value all our languages and cultural understanding and we use this as a catalyst to embrace the culture, history and beliefs of our student body. Mindfulness allows us to interweave the practice of being mindful in the everyday life of our children and we believe will have positive long-term effects on the students’ academic results. In September 2018 we opened our Year 10 and Year 12, IGCSE and A Level curriculum, and started that year with 3800 children as we reached nearly full capacity. Now in 2020 we are at full capacity with 4260 children form FS1 – Year 13. We have completed two DSIB inspections and been rated Good by both with the most recent one also recognising some Outstanding features. We are fully BSO (British Schools Overseas) accredited gaining 5 Outstanding and 3 Good judgements in 2019 and this allows us to offer the NQT, QTS and iPGCE programmes through the TES Institute for our teachers. GEMS Founders School is a truly unique school and anyone who comes to work here has a unique opportunity to leave their mark. You will have the opportunity to Grow, Flourish and Succeed at GFS.
About the Role
Due to expansion, we have an exciting new role available for a Deputy Head - Secondary to join GEMS Founders School, Dubai from September 2021.
We are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the GEMS Founders Family. The successful candidate will play a key role on the Senior Leadership Team supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support.
The post holder will deputise for the Senior Deputy Head of Secondary as required and assist in shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• To support Senior Deputy Head of Secondary in Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• To support Senior Deputy Head of Secondary in ensuring high academic standards in the Secondary school in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
• To support Senior Deputy Head of Secondary in managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
• To support Senior Deputy Head of Secondary in leading the Secondary team –including performance management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
• Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy.
• Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered for GFM learners to ensure all can succeed.
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion
• Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
The successful applicant will be:
• A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
• Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England
• Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
Working with GEMS offers you a unique opportunity to enhance and progress your career in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest K-12 private school operator.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, accommodation, school tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity.
GEMS Founders School - Dubai
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years
GFS (GEMS Founders School) opened its doors to over 1800 students in September 2016 from FS1 – Year 8. This is the most successful school opening in GEMS history in terms of enrolment. In September 2017 we welcomed over 3500 students and extended the...