Are you a confident and inspiring leader who can join a successful team working across Genesis Education Trust. Can you lead our caring, Christian schools? As an experienced and visionary leader, you will be able to continue to raise the quality of teaching and learning, helping our children to reach their full potential. To enable additional capacity we are seeking a Deputy Head Teacher to join the team at St Margaret’s C of E Primary.
You will work under a Headteacher who leads each school and alongside the CEO who leads the overall Trust. You will be an excellent Primary practitioner, with evidence of the ability to develop and inspire teams, looking for an exciting opportunity to help St Margaret’s to build. You will provide support in terms of outreach to the wider Trust and support to enable us to fulfill our commitments as a teaching school at St Margaret’s.
We are committed to providing excellent professional development opportunities for enthusiastic and committed teachers and you will be a leading part of that drive.
Our new DHT will need to show:
• Successful teaching and leadership experience
• Commitment to schools improvement and raising achievement for all
• Skills to monitor, evaluate and report on standards of attainment, learning and teaching and data analysis
- Commitment to taking a in-class teaching role
• Ability to self evaluate and self improve
• Detailed knowledge of teaching and learning and an ability to move the practice of others forward • Experience of leading teams of staff
• Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
• Effective communication skills to connect successfully with parents and the wider community
• Talent to think creatively and imaginatively, anticipating and solving problems
• Able to be part of Saturday achievement school-time off in lieu or overtime provided.
• Ability to encourage constructive relationships between all members of the school community, promoting equal opportunity, as a flexible and positive leader
• Support for our Christian ethos and be able to continue the strong links with our churches We can offer:
• A welcoming school
• Close links with the church and local community
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn • Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues.
• A well informed and supportive governing body who are committed to the development of all staff
• Supportive parents with high aspirations of their children and our school
If you are ambitious, successful and excited by school improvement, please contact the school office to arrange a visit. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.