Archdiocese of Birmingham in partnership with Birmingham City Council
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Vivian Road, Harborne, Birmingham B17 0DN
Deputy Head Teacher
Group 3, Individual School Range: L12-L16 £52,414 - £57,934
Starting Point: L12-L14
Required for Summer Term 2019
We are looking for someone who is:
· A committed practising Catholic who is willing to maintain and develop the faith life of the school.
· Has the confidence and capability to cover for the Head teacher
· An excellent classroom practitioner who can consistently deliver and model best practice.
· Experienced or interested in a SEND role.
· Can form supportive and professional pastoral relationships with children, staff and families.
· Can take a strategic role in curriculum development.
· Committed to working with children, parents and staff to raise standards.
· Able to challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practice.
· Able to analyse data, develop strategic plans, set targets and monitor/evaluate progress towards these.
· Is approachable, resilient and has a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
We can offer you:
· A welcoming community with a strong Catholic ethos where all are valued.
· Enthusiastic and friendly children who are willing and eager to learn.
· A supportive, talented and committed staff team
· A commitment to professional development and support for future career progression.
· The opportunity to work with and learn from other establishments.
· Supportive governors who are fully engaged in the life of the school and its stated aims and objectives.
· An opportunity to respond to your vocation, deepen your faith and develop your professional career.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and will follow a stringent vetting and induction process.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.stmaryrc.bham.sch.uk/web/vacancies or requested by contacting the school office on 0121 464 2141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms should be returned by post or emailed to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Tuesday 8th January 2019 at midday
Shortlisting: Friday 11th January 2019
Interviews: Friday 18th January or Monday 21st January 2019
Visits are welcomed and are arranged for:
Monday 10th December 10:00am-12:00
Thursday 13th December 1:30 – 3:30pm
Please confirm attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org