TCES Group schools are situated across London and Essex and provide Local Authority funded day-school education for pupils aged 7-19 years whose Social, Emotional or Mental Health (SEMH) needs or Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC), plus complex co-morbid needs has made it difficult for them to achieve success in a mainstream school. Since 2000, we have delivered an industry-leading package of education, health and care, in high-quality, small-group education settings where a high ratio of adults to pupils enables young people to engage with learning.
The North West London Independent School is a growing school with ambitious plans for the future, including a second site. It is rated as Outstanding by Ofsted.
We offer a specialist curriculum designed to meet the educational, therapeutic and behavioural needs of pupils with highly challenging Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH), or an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) who are not currently able to benefit from being educated within local authority provision.
We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher with the vision to improve teaching and learning through partnership working with clinical and inclusion colleagues and close collaboration with all teaching staff to ensure that pupil progress is ambitious and sustained. If you are seeking an exciting and challenging position, please apply to join us on our journey towards best practice in this field.
Key requirements for the post are:
• Demonstrable experience of raising the achievement of children with SEMH / ASC.
• Proven track record of working with children with SEN, but specifically SEMH or ASC.
• Demonstrable ability to motivate and supervise colleagues.
• Demonstrable ability of planning a curriculum.
• Demonstrable ability to manage time and planning effectively and flexibly.
• Competitive terms & conditions
• A full CPD program including opportunities to undertake professional qualifications, and specialist training from experts in Teaching and Learning, Social Care, and Clinicians
Closing date: 9:00 am Thursday 23 May 2019
To apply, please download the application pack by visiting our website . Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to HR.
Applications received after the deadline will not be put forward for shortlisting.
The TCES Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to two satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
The TCES Group is an equal opportunity employer.