Plumstead Manor is a thriving and rapidly improving school with its own Sixth Form, dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich. We hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for young women and we look forward to extending this to young men as we welcome a mixed intake in to Year 7 from September 2018.
Our goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them through their lives. It is this which will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. We believe that high quality teaching, in a safe, friendly and harmonious community, is the key to unlocking the potential that all our young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Deputy Head Teacher to lead inclusion provision, pastoral care and student welfare across the school. This will include overall responsibility for safeguarding and child protection across the school. You will need experience and knowledge of SEN and/or pastoral care, and be able to play a strategic role in the running and future development of our rapidly improving school.
You should be a successful and creative leader with at least 2 years proven experience of senior management and a track record of school improvement.
If you can:
- inspire a positive ethos across the school founded on success, harmony, excellence and justice;
- demonstrate that you are able to show vision, conviction and authority and lead by example;
- motivate a team through a combination of dynamism, sensitivity, innovation and communication;
- manage, monitor, evaluate, praise and support all staff across the school;
- develop colleagues through encouragement, performance management and providing direct opportunities;
- line lead staff through a combination of challenge, accountability and support;
- foster collaboration between the school, student and home to encourage and promote learning and social development;
- create partnerships with outside organisations and agencies which positively influence the provision in the school and its reputation and ‘brand’ within the wider community.
We can offer you:
- an opportunity to progress your career by gaining leadership experience at Deputy Head Teacher level, with a view to gaining a Headship;
- opportunities to be part of a leadership team securing rapid improvements in standards and outcomes for young people;
- the opportunity to make a clear and tangible difference to the quality of education provided in a large secondary school;
- the chance to join the school at a pivotal moment in its history and we prepare to gradually introduce a mixed intake;
- excellent professional development and support, and the opportunity to link with senior leaders in other similar schools.
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com and apply online. Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: 664/DHT/TES.
Closing date: Friday, 26th January 2018 at noon.
Interview dates: Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd February 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.