At the Esland Group, we are excited to be opening a new satellite centre attached to Oracle School Congleton. As such, we are recruiting for an experienced Deputy Head Teacher, to provide robust and dedicated leadership at the new site. The role would be suitable for an experienced Deputy Headteacher or a suitable middle manager looking for career progression into a leadership role. This role will be based in Rushton Spencer, Macclesfield, on a full time 39-week permanent basis and is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new provision, that will change children's lives for the better.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the set up and development of a new provision which will be part of Oracle School, supporting children with SEMH needs and where you can use your existing skills and knowledge of vocational pathways to contribute to its success.
We appreciate each of our team member’s experience and skills. We also know these make you unique and this is what will help shape and enrich the lives of the young people we look after. We also believe it is important that our team members share the same values as the wider organisation. As an organisation, we have a shared vision to be emotionally resilient, supportive leaders who provide accountable yet nurturing direction to each other and the young people we care for and educate.
As the Deputy Headteacher, you will provide professional leadership for the centre, which ensures its success and improvement, providing high quality education for all its pupils and high standards of learning and achievement. Your leadership will be inspiring and purposeful and will work in partnership with the Headteacher, Governance Committee, staff, parents/carers, Local Authorities and school leaders from our other 2 sister schools. You will generate the ethos and values that will underpin the school in line with Esland’s values and vision. You will maintain an environment that promotes and secures good teaching and effective learning.
Part of the role will be to ensure that a high standard of quality and compliance is met in line with all regulations.
What we need from you:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• NPQH (National Professional Qualification for Headship) or willingness to work towards NPQH
• Ability to differentiate all aspects of learning to promote inclusion and attainment
• Solid experience of working with young people that challenge
• Solid experience of working with specialist education for SEMH young people
• Ability to promote the inclusion of young people
• A sense of humour and desire to create a fun and inclusive learning environment
• A proven record of developing and supporting a staff team
• The ability to be resilient and work effectively under pressure whilst delivering stable leadership
• A strong knowledge of safeguarding procedures
• Good knowledge of regulatory body requirements
What we can offer:
• Commitment to CPD
• A supportive, inclusive working environment
• Access to a wide range of benefits, including Perkbox and our pension scheme
• Staff recognition awards
• Competitive salary
Application forms to be submitted by midnight on 24th January 2021
Short listing will take place on 25th January 2021
Interviews will be held that same week - proposed 27th & 28th January 2021
‘’The Esland Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.’’
Esland Isaac Newton School
- Special needs with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years