The Governing Body of Bordesley Green Girls’ School & Sixth Form are seeking to appoint an inspirational, committed and highly motivated Deputy Head Teacher with excellent leadership and management skills to support the Headteacher and staff in “Bringing Girls Greater Success”.
The post holder will be responsible for leading on our pastoral provision, safeguarding, student behaviour and safety and the wellbeing of staff.
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking Deputy Head Teacher who:
- Has the strategic vision to motivate and inspire our learning community to educational excellence;
- Is committed to Pastoral Care and Safeguarding;
- Has a passion for ensuring the wellbeing of the whole school community;
- Is willing to support every individual to fulfil their full potential;
- Will drive continuous improvement, raising progress and attainment throughout the school;
- Will work to improve student progress and close the gap between disadvantaged students and others;
- Will innovate, cultivate and recognise outstanding teaching practice;
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Will lead and inspire good behaviour outcomes to enable learning;
- Will foster a positive and effective partnership between students, parents and the community;
- Will work closely with the Headteacher, SLT and the Governing Body.
In turn, we will offer you:
- A staff team committed to supporting the further development of the school;
- A Senior Leadership Team which believes in support and challenge of equal measure and sees staff wellbeing as vital for all;
- A supportive Governing Body, committed to school improvement;
- A friendly, well maintained and resourced provision;
- Students who are eager to learn and take pride in their school;
- Support for and access to continuing professional development.
Closing Date: Friday 15 January 2021 at 12 noon
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact our school Reception Office on 0121 464 1881 to make an appointment or email: HR@bordgrng.bham.sch.uk
For an applicant pack please email the job reference number ES255 to: CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk or alternatively you can download the applicant pack here. Please do not apply via the TES Website.
Completed applications forms should be emailed to CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk by the above closing date.
Shortlist Date: 26 January 2021
Interview Date: 12 February 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Bordesley Green Girls’ School & Sixth Form, Bordesley Green Road, Birmingham, B9 4TR
Telephone Number: 0121 464 1881
Email Address: email@example.com
Bordesley Green Girls' School & Sixth Form
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Bordesley Green Girls' School & Sixth Form is a school based in Birmingham for girls aged 11-18. It is a non-denominational school.
Bordesley Green Girls' School & Sixth Form has roughly 1,000 students on roll including approximately 39...