This is an exceptional professional opportunity to join our Senior Leadership Team at an exciting time in the school’s development.
Eagle House School, Sutton is a ‘good’ with outstanding areas (Ofsted Nov 2013) broad spectrum special school for pupils aged from 12 to 19 years who have a diagnosis of autism or Asperger Syndrome. We have a warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with an enthusiastic and skilled staff team that is highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and enhanced life chances.
We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher with a particular interest in Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare, who:
- Is an outstanding leader and special school practitioner with QTS
- Passionate about special needs and skilled in working with children who have an autism diagnosis and their families
- Is able to work collegiately and inspirationally to build on the strengths of the school
- Will work as part of our outstanding senior leadership team to develop exciting, innovative and inclusive autism specific practice
- Will rigorously pursue our continued drive towards excellence throughout the school
- Uncompromisingly has our pupils’ learning and emotional well-being at the heart of every decision
- Will be highly visible and approachable to the whole school community
- Will incisively and swiftly appraise best practice and areas for development in the schools teaching and learning
- Will provide excellent support to the Head of Education and Executive Head Teacher in the continued development of Eagle House School, Sutton
- Will provide an excellent role model in the quality of their classroom practice
Meets all the essential criteria in the Person Specification
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Experienced and passionate about working with pupils who have autism
- Experienced at working as a member of a safeguarding team
- Experienced at raising standards of teaching and learning through coaching, mentoring and role modelling
- Experienced at facilitating team and individual development around Pastoral aspects of school life
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and resilient
- Committed to raising standards and improving all pupils’ life chances towards achieving their potential.
- An experienced leader who inspires colleagues and holds them to account
- A flexible team player
- Committed to continuing professional development for themselves and for the staff team
If successful, you will benefit from working in a highly specialist, supportive environment. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join the
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Our private Health Care Plan
- Access to our childcare voucher scheme.
- Relocation package may be considered
- Opportunities for CPD
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you have high expectations of your pupils and want to work within a stimulating and motivating learning environment as part of a successful and supportive team, then please get in touch. To arrange either an informal discussion with Francesca Arocas (Head of Education) or to arrange a visit, please contact Irena Graham on 0208 770 7788.
To request an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 020 8770 7788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 23rd April 2018
Interview date: W/C 30th April 2018