Merstone is a vibrant, inclusive special school for pupils with severe and complex learning difficulties, aged from 2-19 years. Ofsted judged the school to be Outstanding (2011, 2014 and 2017). We are federated with Forest Oak School, for pupils with MLD, with whom we share a campus. We have a well-resourced building – purpose built in 2006.
The governors are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher who will play a key role in the continuing development of the school. Key responsibilities will include being one of the schools DSL, leadership of the outstanding curriculum together with assessment throughout the school.
We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher who is:
- Highly motivated with proven ability to lead and inspire others
- Experienced in leading and managing school improvement
- Passionate about enabling pupils to overcome challenges and experience success
- An exemplary practitioner with SEN teaching experience
- Committed to the safeguarding of pupils
- Able to analyse data and use findings to further support school improvement
We offer you a school community with:
- Partnership working at the heart of all we do
- Very supportive parents/ carers/ Governors
- A pupil centred approach to school improvement
- A creative and supportive team committed to enabling all pupils to achieve
- A strong commitment to professional development opportunities for all
- Pupils who enjoy their learning and value their relationships with us
Would you like to be part of the team?
Application details: If you would like to find out more, through an informal chat/visit, contact Kim Archer- Clarke, Office Manager. Visits to the school are available on 22nd January at 10am and 29th January at 2.00pm.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
“Keeping our children safe everyday”
Closing date: 12noon 5th February 2018
Interviews: 14th & 15th February 2018
Merstone School (SLD) 2-19 years
Windward Way, Smith’s Wood, Birmingham, B36 OUE
Telephone: 0121 717 1040
Principal: Mrs Amanda Mordey