As an outstanding academy, Westbourne Primary is seeking to appoint a Deputy Head who will inspire, lead and engage with the whole school community to drive continuous improvement.
Key areas of this role will be: to manage Assessment and use data to ensure outstanding pupil achievement and progress in all areas of the curriculum; to work with the Senior Leadership Team to enhance the curriculum within a knowledge-engaged approach.
This post includes a teaching commitment of 2.5 days.
The successful applicant will:
- be an excellent primary practitioner with high aspirations for both pupils and colleagues
- have successful experience as a Senior Leader (Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher or other significant Leadership role) in the primary phase
- be passionate and knowledgeable about children’s learning and development
- be an effective communicator
- be a successful line manager and team leader
- be proficient and confident in using ICT in school management and curricular areas
- be engaged with current educational research
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a team committed to continuous improvement, in a positive and forward looking environment.
We are a popular and successful academy, committed to delivering a broad and creative curriculum and providing pupils with access to a wide range of extra-curricular activities. Westbourne has excellent facilities, particularly for ICT, P.E. and the creative curriculum, and is set within an extensive landscaped site.
Informal visits are warmly welcomed and will be offered between Monday 16th September and Friday 27th September. To arrange a visit please telephone Mrs D. Slack (School Business Manager) on 020 8644 8453. Alternatively, email email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 30th September 2019 3.00pm
Shortlisted candidates informed: Friday 4th October 2019
Assessment Day: Wednesday 9th October 2019.
Westbourne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.