Required for September 2018 due the promotion of our current Deputy Headteacher to Headship.
We are a vibrant two-form entry Primary School with a Nursery and additional “bulge” classes (in Years 3 and 6). We are proud to be culturally and socially diverse and have a strong inclusive ethos. We are proud to be home to Barnet’s Additionally Resourced Provision for primary-aged Deaf children. Our Senior Leadership Team seeks an outstanding and inspirational leader committed to helping all children and staff to achieve their potential.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives through education.
- The opportunity to work as part of a collaborative, experienced, supportive leadership team.
- The chance for your leadership skills to flourish and develop with practical support and encouragement. A track record of promotion for our Leadership Team.
- High quality leadership training and development through one of the country’s leading Multi-Academy Trusts.
- Enthusiastic, responsive children who are ready to learn.
- A caring, hard-working and committed staff team.
- The opportunity to work with children from diverse ethnicities and cultures.
- A positive and caring culture, including a Restorative Approach.
- An inclusive ethos where every child is valued and supported to achieve their potential.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic leader who will:
Be a role model of positivity and aspiration for our staff and children.
Have vision, energy and resilience. Inspire and lead others.
Inspire and lead colleagues and hold them to account.
Promote a positive image of Summerside as a wonderful place to teach and learn within the school community and beyond.
Use data effectively and use target setting to raise standards.
Work with us to rapidly raise outcomes by raising the quality of teaching.
Be passionate and committed to education as a means for all children to achieve their potential and improve their life chances.
Have evidence of a track record of creative, excellent classroom teaching.
Work effectively in partnership with families, Governors and staff.
Be flexible and committed to team-working.
Be committed to continuing professional development.
Bring personal organisation and good ICT skills.
Give a long term commitment to Summerside.
Visits to the school are essential.
Visits to the school: Monday 26th March and Wednesday 28th March or other times by arrangement.
Closing date: Monday 16th April
Interviews: Wednesday 25th April
Please find attached the Application Form and Job Description & Person Specification. Completed application forms should be returned to the school.
Summerside is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
London, N12 0QU
Tel: 020 8445 1192: Fax: 020 8445 5904