This summer our very successful and popular Deputy Headteacher will be retiring.
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to join a team of professionals working with learners with a wide range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
Glenwood is a successful special school for pupils aged 3-19 yrs. We expect to be providing for 210 young people in September 2018. We recently (September 2017) moved into a superb new building and our next exciting project of developing a 20 bed residential provision, as part of the school, is underway.
Experience of working with pupils with special educational needs is essential as is the highest commitment to improving the lives of young people and their parents/carers.
You will be:
- able to imagine life from each individual learners’ point of view
- experienced in leadership and management in a special school
- an outstanding classroom practitioner
- passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
- good at forming positive relationships and building partnerships
- self-motivated and driven by opportunities to make a positive difference
- a skilled communicator
- positive, resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- spend time with amazing young people and their parents/carers
- join a hardworking, committed and professional team of staff and a supportive governing body
- work in a school with an excellent reputation in the community
- collaborate with a range of partner agencies
- develop your skills
- take a significant role in developing the new residential provision