Kings Norton Girls’ School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to contribute to the leadership of the school through its next stage of development and to build on the current high academic and wider successes.
We are a highly successful 11-18 comprehensive standalone academy with an excellent reputation in the local area and beyond. Our overall Progress 8 figure for 2017 is in the top 4% nationally. The vacancy arises due to the promotion of the current post holder.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- can lead on and manage a school curriculum which enables the best outcomes for all students.
- has experience of whole school self-review.
- understands the current national context including that of post-16 education and can identify the opportunities and plan strategically to seize them.
- has a strong track record in leadership and management across a range of roles.
- is a forward thinking and solution focused leader with outstanding organisational skills.
- has outstanding people skills and the ability to inspire and motivate all stakeholders.
- has a deep understanding of teaching and learning and is an excellent classroom practitioner.
- has the skills and attributes to inspire and lead adults and students.
- has a proven track record of leading successful change at whole school level.
- is committed to removing barriers which prevent students thriving both academically and socially.
- understands and supports the ethos of the school including that associated with our status as a girls’ school (11-16)
- is committed to continued professional learning.
In return, we can offer:
- a dedicated, talented staff who are committed to the ongoing development of the school.
- students who love their school and want to succeed academically and socially.
- a commitment to your own on-going development by providing opportunities for professional development.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in the commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 18th April 2018. Details about the application process are contained in the Deputy Headteacher Pack.
Kings Norton Girls’ School and Sixth Form, Selly Oak Road, Kings Norton, B30 1HW
www.kngs.co.uk: 0121 675 1305
OPENING A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES