Based at The Heights Blackburn, Blackburn
Permanent role - Leadership Scales L9 – L13 - £48687.00 - £53724.00
We are looking to employ a permanent Deputy Headteacher who already possesses special qualities, but also one who will benefit from and mature with this strong relationship. You will work closely with the Head Teacher in their overall strategic and operational responsibility for The Heights, Blackburn.
Take full responsibility for agreed areas of strategy, operations and development.
Provide support and deputise for the Head Teacher in the leadership of, and responsibility for, the day-to-day efficient management of The Heights Blackburn, ensuring a high-quality education for all pupils on roll.
Support the Head Teacher and the EPT in the growth of this outstanding school.
If you are the person we seek, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Current competence and expertise at a high level.
- Strategic leadership of significant school-wide improvement.
- A strong understanding of what breeds success in a school with high levels of disadvantage.
- A strong belief in building professional capital in all staff.
- How standards of student academic and personal achievement may be raised.
- High levels of personal confidence.
- Outstanding communication skills, both in speech and in writing.
- An unfaltering commitment to student and staff development.
- Evidence of holding staff to account through quality assurance and effective appraisal.
Closing date : Sunday 24th February 2019
Interviews on: Tuesday 26th February 2019
We would encourage applications from existing Deputy's, Assistant Headteachers and Lead Practitioners.
If you think that you may be the right candidate for this exceptional role, then we look forward to receiving your expression of interest.
For further information please contact Helen Rawnsley - School Business Manager - 01254 261655