Deputy Headteacher Group 2: L9 - L13 (£55,411- £60,376)
We are looking to appoint a truly exceptional Deputy Headteacher to be based in Fawood. Fawood is an award winning purpose built Maintained Nursery School and Children’s Centre, situated in the heart of Stonebridge Park. We offer 50 full time equivalent places for nursery aged children, with 24 additional part time places for 2-3 year olds. We have an Additionally Resourced Provision for 10 full time equivalent nursery aged children with a diagnosis of Autism. Children attend either full time or part time.
Curzon Crescent & Fawood Nursery Schools and Children’s Centres federated in 2012 – we work closely together and have a shared ethos and working practices. The deputy heads are site specific but other members of SLT work across both sites. We enjoy learning together, reflecting on our achievements and striving to improve.
The Deputy will hold a key strategic non-teaching role and will work with the Executive Headteacher to:-
• lead, manage and develop the nursery school
• take the lead on achievement and inclusion within the nursery
• take the lead on learning and teaching, including curriculum development and the provision of a planned purposeful stimulating learning environment
• be a dynamic and visionary leader of others
• a unique opportunity for an outstanding early years teacher to make a fundamental difference to the life chances of our children and families
• a supportive, ambitious and driven integrated leadership team
• on-going professional development through both the scope of the role and distributed leadership
Potential candidates are strongly advised to visit the Centre, as Fawood is a unique and highly individualised provision.
Please contact Jackie Ashbourne on email@example.com to arrange a visit or for a job application pack.
Our Centre is committed to safeguarding and all appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. We will, whenever possible, seek references before interview.
Closing Date – Monday 5th March 2018 (4pm)
Interviews – Wednesday 14th March 2018