The Board of Trustees of Wembley Multi-Academy Trust (WMAT) is looking for an outstanding and committed Deputy Headteacher to help lead Wembley High Technology College (WHTC). For suitable candidates there are opportunities to play a wider strategic role across WMAT schools and the Teaching School Hub (TSH).
As an established beacon of excellence (one of the highest performing schools in the country for many years), we are looking for a leader who will work with others to set and deliver the highest levels of student achievement. The successful candidate will be committed to enhancing all aspects of students’ lives and making a real difference to students’ life chances.
The successful candidate will be able to build on excellence and help lead an already ‘Outstanding’ school to even greater heights. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of school improvement. They will be highly analytical, emotionally astute and able to deploy appropriate strategies to maximise impact. The successful candidate will be able to think and act strategically, be cognisant of the broader picture, whilst fully understanding the implications of finer details. He/she will have experience of helping develop others, be committed to our values of excellence and achievement, and believe in the unique way in which WHTC and our Trust work.
Why apply for this role?
• You will be fully supported by highly successful leaders from WMAT, and work with a committed school leadership team.
• You will lead talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences.
• You will have wider senior leadership opportunities across WMAT schools and TSH.
• You will have the opportunity to work with WMAT leaders to play a strategic role in shaping the future of WMAT.
• WHTC is proud to be designated as a Teaching School Hub for North West London. This places us at the forefront of nurturing and developing teachers and leaders at all levels. You will benefit from a range of bespoke and effective support, from individual coaching to national programmes, such as NPQH.
Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for a leader with a successful track record of school improvement. You will have:
• Qualified Teacher Status, Degree, further relevant professional studies.
• A willingness to undertake the NPQH or relevant/equivalent training.
• Values that align with WMAT.
• An understanding of what it takes to work with others and help lead one of the highest achieving schools in the country.
• A track record of securing tangible success and outstanding outcomes.
• The technical ability and behavioural traits that secure the confidence of all stakeholders.
• Experience of developing a culture of learning and continuous improvement of staff and students.
• Strong monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of current developments and the latest educational research (such as curriculum development and how pupils learn).
• An ability to set up systems and processes to ensure departmental improvement.
• An ability to understand people’s individual strengths, harness and develop them.
• A commitment to learning and leading with humility.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Sarah Cruickshank (email@example.com), Tom Best (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul Bhatia (Executive Headteacher) email@example.com.
Please download the application pack on the website https://www.whtc.co.uk/226/vacancies/careers/116/whtc-deputy-headteacher
The completed form (external applicants) or a letter of support (internal candidates) should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 13th December 2021. Successful candidates will be invited for interview and tasks on Wednesday 15th December 2021.
Wembley Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from across the community.
Wembley High Technology College is a co-educational secondary academy based in North Wembley (Brent), for students aged 11 - 18. It is a part of the Wembley Multi Academy Trust and has an established reputation for a strong focus on academic excelle...