We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team for September 2018
“Good in all areas” - Ofsted May 2017
£49,197 - £54,248
New Horizons Children’s Academy opened in September 2014 with only four classes, we have now grown to deliver a fantastic education to nearly 500 children from the local community and we will be growing until 2020. Our classrooms are brand new and we have many exciting opportunities for teachers who are keen to develop their career.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. You can find out more about the school and our Trust by visiting our websites and viewing our latest video www.tsatrust.org.uk
We strongly recommend and encourage visits to our fantastic school. Please contact Kerry Masters, Office Manager, to book an appointment.
Your new role:
- Working alongside experienced and new teams, who will be on hand to support and guide you with resources and planning
- Some teaching commitments but you will have dedicated release time
- Part of a large team in managing, leading and developing the school to attain high standards of pupil progress and achievement for all
- Provide guidance and support to other members of staff
- Support and develop assessment to enable consistency and identify gaps within children’s learning across all years
- Encourage positive behaviour and promote the school’s vision
What you will get from New Horizons Children’s Academy:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other 4 Medway Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff
- Brand new facilities - the school building offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas, we also have three playgrounds
- Free parking in our large staff carpark
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – conveniently located on our school site
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you will need to succeed:
- QTS and recent experience of working within a Primary setting within the leadership team
- Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- Passionate about teaching and learning and improving the life chances of our children
- Positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- We want to employ practitioners who have Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
- Aspiring leader of learning
- Happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school
What you need to do now:
Please contact Kerry Masters, Office Manager, to book an appointment to view the school and meet the team.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.