Alfreton Park Community Special School is a popular and successful special school catering for the needs of 86 pupils with a range of severe, profound and complex learning difficulties, aged 2-19 years.
Recently judged as ‘good’ by OFSTED (November 2016), the Headteacher and Governors are looking for an ambitious, dedicated, inspirational and enthusiastic professional to assist in the leadership of the school.
This is an exciting time for the school with a new build in the early planning stages. The Deputy Headteacher will take up post from January 2018.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
- An outstanding and dynamic teacher who inspires by example.
- A passionate and caring practitioner with high expectations of achievement and dedication to maintaining a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment which reflects the school commitment to safeguarding and equality.
- A strategic thinker who will work alongside the Headteacher to provide challenge and support in order to implement positive change.
- A forward thinking leader who can meet the challenges of a changing national picture in special education.
- A leader of learning who is committed to raising standards and to ensuring that all children achieve their full potential.
- A manager and team leader who possesses excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- A professional able to work in partnership with parents, carers, staff, governors and the community.
- A creative, fun and energetic person to join our happy team.
The Headteacher and Governors welcome applications from teachers with relevant experience of teaching within the special school sector.
Our new Deputy Headteacher will receive dedicated leadership time to support them in their school development work.
Prospective candidates may visit on 13 September at 1.30pm (please contact the office to confirm attendance) or contact Cheryl Smart, Headteacher to arrange a visit.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: 24 September 2017
Provisional Interview Date: 11 and 12 October 2017