‘The family of St Mary Magdalen’s is centred on Christ to create inquisitive individuals who feel empowered to engage in the world in which they live’
Applications are invited from practising and committed Roman Catholic teachers for the post of Deputy Headteacher at St. Mary Magdalen’s RC Primary School from September 2018. St Mary Magdalen’s school is a joyful community where pupils, parents and staff feel valued and benefit from a strong sense of family which pervades all areas of school life (Diocesan Inspection Report, January 2018). Following our very successful Ofsted and Diocesan inspections the Governing Body wish to appoint an inspirational lead professional, with a clear vision and strong commitment to the Catholic ethos of our school. The Deputy Headteacher will work in partnership with the Headteacher to nurture and develop our pupils and staff, building on the outstanding reputation of our school and continuing our journey of excellence from good to outstanding.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Has a strong commitment to Catholic education.
- Will cherish and nurture our pupils, helping them to fulfil their potential both academically and spiritually.
- Has a proven track record as an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupil engagement, progress and achievement.
- Can lead and promote high quality teaching and learning throughout our school.
- Can demonstrate recent experience in leadership and management.
- Has an ability to identify school improvement priorities and strategically plan for their development.
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a good sense of humour.
- Has vision, drive and energy and can use this to successfully lead, manage and inspire others.
- Work in partnership with the Headteacher, Leadership Team, Governors and the wider community.
We can offer you:
A happy, calm, caring and nurturing school where all are valued and welcomed.
A strong school community, underpinned by a strong Catholic ethos.
Extremely well behaved children who are polite, eager to learn and a delight to teach.
Dedicated leadership time.
A caring, supportive and dedicated staff.
Supportive and committed governors that are highly committed to continued excellence and progression.
Parents who are proud of and celebrate the achievements of their children.
Good support from the Diocese and Local Authority
‘A culture of warmth, inclusivity and good humour prevail in this calm, industrious environment’
(Ofsted Inspection Report, November 2017)
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange a time.
CES application forms and further details are available from our school website or by contacting the school office. Application forms should be e-mailed to our school Office Manager at email@example.com or posted to the above address.
Closing Date: Friday 20th April 2018 at 12 noon
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018
Lesson observations (over a two week period) in candidates’ schools: w/c 30th April to 11th May 2018 by arrangement.
Interview Date: Wednesday 23rd May 2018
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Deputy Headteacher should support the Headteacher in ensuring that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in partnership with Durham County Council
St Mary Magdalen’s RC Primary School
Dene House Rd.
Phone 0191 5813055
Group 2 NOR 285