THE DIOCESE OF HEXHAM AND NEWCASTLE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL
Where we value Respect, Excellence, Friendship and Care
The governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated practising Catholic to the position of Deputy Headteacher within our caring and inclusive school.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly committed and motivated staff team. The successful candidate will play a key strategic role in leading our school and will be supported to further develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours that will make them a high performing Deputy Headteacher.
As the Headteacher of the school is an Executive Headteacher, there is a shared Headship arrangement in place between both schools. This means that the successful candidate will have a part time teaching commitment.
We are looking for someone who is totally passionate about making a difference to the children of our school and creating memorable learning experiences. We are also seeking someone with integrity, drive and determination, with high expectations for all of our children. Our new Deputy Headteacher will have empathy and an understanding of the specific needs of our diverse school; therefore experience or an interest in all areas of SEN would be warmly welcomed.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic with a clear vision and belief for Catholic Education
- Can demonstrate proven leadership and management skills and is capable of taking a leading role in curriculum development
- Has a proven record of excellent primary classroom practice
- Has a commitment to improving and developing their own practice
- Has the skills and knowledge to enable them to act as a role model capable of inspiring and motivating others
- Is committed to continuing and developing the effective partnerships with the local parish, families, governors, community and the wider family of Catholic schools
- to be able to lead by example, be fair, kind and have a sense of humour
In return we are offering:
- A friendly, welcoming community underpinned by our strong Catholic ethos
- Further professional development, coaching and the exciting opportunity to influence the development of our school and whilst refining your talents and expertise
- A team of hard-working, dedicated and supportive staff
- A highly committed and supportive Governing Body
- A strong partnership with parents, parish, local schools, the community, Diocese and Local Authority
- A well-resourced and attractive working environment
How to apply:
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and will be available subject to Covid-19 regulations in place at this time.
To make an appointment please contact the school office on 0191 586 4308
Further information about the school can be found on our school website
Application forms and information packs are available from and returnable to the following email address EDGS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
St Joseph’s RC Primary School Governing Body, Diocese and Durham County Council are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th April 2021 (noon)
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 27th April 2021
Lesson Observations Dates: week commencing Monday 3rd May 2021 (subject to current Covid-19 regulations in place)
Interview date: Friday 14th May 2021 (subject to current Covid-19 regulations in place)
St Joseph's RC Primary School, Blackhall