Easington Academy and the North East Learning Trust are seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher to join the Senior Leadership Team at Easington Academy. The main focus of the role is to promote excellence and innovation in teaching and learning as well as leading the Teaching School at the Academy.
At Easington Academy, we have high expectations of our students and staff. We believe students have the right to expect a first-class education, delivered by teachers who are committed to making learning challenging and rewarding.
Whilst we extremely proud of the academic outcomes achieved by students at the Academy in recent years, Easington Academy is a caring community, one based on mutual respect, a school where students feel safe and supported throughout their time with us. The emphasis on the highest possible standards of behaviour means that lessons are taught in an ordered and encouraging learning environment. Students are treated as individuals and we recognise and celebrate their different abilities.
The successful candidate will:
• have a track record of delivering outstanding outcomes for all students as well as the skills and qualities required to be a highly effective member of our Senior Leadership Team;
• be uncompromising in their ambitions for all staff and students at the Academy;
• have a passion to provide the best possible teaching and learning;
• possess proven leadership qualities and the ability to challenge, inspire and motivate colleagues;
• have a proven record as an imaginative, innovative, resourceful and decisive leader;
• have an understanding of the current educational climate;
• have a desire to work within the Multi Academy Trust structure.
The North East Learning Trust
Formed in 2015, the North East Learning Trust is a multi-Academy Trust founded by The Academy at Shotton Hall in Peterlee. The Trust family consists of Easington Academy along with Browney Academy, a small primary on the outskirts of Durham, The Academy at Shotton Hall, Teesdale School and Sixth Form, Bedlington Academy and Ashington Academy in Northumberland and Diamond Hall Juniors in Sunderland. We also have initial teacher training provision in the form of Shotton Hall SCITT and Research School status.
All Academies in the Trust are committed to:
• pursuing excellence;
• encouraging all young people to aim high and make the most of their talents
• providing an education that enables every young person to achieve their full potential and learn with confidence;
• providing a safe environment where young people are cared for;
• creating a healthy, happy, disciplined and supportive environment which promotes an independent work ethic and a love of learning;
• engendering respect for individuality and difference;
• nurturing a sense of social responsibility and spiritual and personal development;
• fostering integrity, resilience, creativity, good manners and sensitivity to the needs of others.
As the Trust expands across the north east of England, we are seeking to develop an infrastructure that will ensure every child in our academies experiences excellence every day. Our students deserve nothing less.
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed on Tuesday 24 April 2018. Please contact Angela Thornley, Head’s PA/Office Manager to arrange a visit.
Application forms and information pack are available from North East Learning Trust website, www.nelt.co.uk or Easington Academy website, www.easingtonacademy.co.uk or Angela Thornley, Head’s PA/Office Manager, Telephone 01915270757. These should be returned either by email to email@example.com or by post to Angela Thornley, Easington Academy, Stockton Road, Easington Village, SR8 3AY by 12 noon on Friday 27 April 2018.
Interviews will take place on 3/4 May 2018.
Easington Academy and the North East Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
The North East Learning Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applications with disabilities will be granted an interview if the essential job criteria are met.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE.