DEPUTY HEADTEACHER – Quality of Education (student outcomes, assessment, intervention and standards)
Required: September 2021
The Appleton School is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 school. The Trust is seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to lead this incredibly important area of the school. We are looking for a Senior leader with vision, drive and ambition to work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team and lead our standards agenda to take the school from its good Ofsted inspection to Outstanding, a rating the school previously enjoyed for a considerable period. The Trust has high aspirations for all students and is inclusive in its values. The school aspires to provide learners with a world-class education. Our exceptional pastoral support system contributes to our Progress 8 scores. In normal years we usually enjoy excellent examination results. All students have good attitudes to learning and the school benefits from strong community support.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and energetic person:
• To take a full and active role in the leadership and management of the school;
• To make a major contribution to the school’s development whilst preparing themselves for Headship;
• To lead whole school initiatives and responsibilities, including our standards agenda. Additional responsibilities would include pastoral leadership, teaching and learning responsibilities, monitoring student progress and attainment and holding curriculum areas to account.
We are interested in an application from you if you are passionate about outcomes for students, can motivate and inspire others, demonstrate challenge and empathy and move our school into the next phase of its development.
In addition to an application form you are also required to submit a recording on myinterview.com. Full details of the role and the application process are are attached.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to share this commitment.
The Appleton School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Appleton School is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school in Essex serving students between the ages of 11-18. The secondary school, situated in Benfleet has approximately 1,500 students on record.
The Appleton School c...