If you are a dynamic, committed and inspirational leader, who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people, then we would like to hear from you.
Full Time, Permanent
£70,774 - £77,738 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting, L23 - L27
Location: Hillingdon, West London
School Group: 7
Start Date: April 2018
Meadow High School: Achieving together
Meadow is a special school for students aged 11-19 with complex to moderate learning needs and/or autism. One of the UK’s largest special schools, we have been consistently rated as a Good school and are ready to achieve Outstanding status. The school holds a number of national awards including the SEN Specialist Schools Award and the International School Award.
Together with our Ofsted ambitions, under PSBP2 we have exciting plans to re-build and refurbish significant parts of the school in the next two years.
The Governing Body is looking to appoint an inspirational and energetic Deputy Headteacher to work alongside our newly appointed Headteacher, leading the school through it’s new build and continuing the Ofsted journey from Good to Outstanding status.
What we want from our candidate:
- An outstanding senior teacher, with middle leadership experience, an existing Assistant Headteacher seeking progression, or an existing Deputy Headteacher seeking a new challenge;
- A talented and influential leader, committed to maintaining a culture dedicated to continuous improvement, and to our values and aims;
- A highly effective classroom practitioner who can inspire and coach colleagues to work at their best, and create innovative approaches to teaching and learning to meet the changing needs of SEN students;
- A people manager and decision maker who will challenge the status quo and has the emotional intelligence and good humour to take others with them.
What we can offer you:
- A vibrant, welcoming and friendly school, well established, and with good practices;
- A school with students who enjoy school and thrive on their opportunities and achievements;
- A talented and experienced staff team committed to giving our students the best opportunities;
- A highly supportive and committed governing body.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you are the exceptional leader we are seeking, we would like to hear from you.
You are very welcome and encouraged to visit the school. Please contact Mrs Michaela Manning (Office Manager and Heads PA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 01895 443310.
CLOSING DATE: 28 January 2018 - 23:59
SHORTLISTING DATE: 30 January 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: 07 & 08 February 2018
CVs will not be accepted
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.