Responsible to – Head of Junior High
· Responsible to Head of Junior High for the day to day provision of an outstanding academic education.
· Supporting the Head of Junior High to oversee the structure, content and delivery of the curriculum.
· Direct responsibility for the strategic implementation of assessment with the Junior High School
· Ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning
· Qualified teacher status
· Recent experience of working successfully as a senior leader in a school.
· Evidence of major whole school responsibilities and experience of turning policy into effective and successful practice.
· Leadership of a significant phase including responsibility for raising standards across the whole school.
Professional Knowledge :-
· A strategic vision and understanding of the essential qualities necessary for effective teaching and learning.
· Knowledge of statutory regulations and guidance relating to the role
Leadership & Management :-
· To be a role model to staff, pupils and parents alike following the School values and vision.
· To create a positive ethos and provide an educational strategic vision and actions for improving pupils academic progress in SLT meetings.
· Analyse data, to evaluate the performance of pupil groups, pupil progress and plan an appropriate course of action for the whole school improvement.
· Construct whole school development plan; to provide structured timetable within the plan to meet schools vision, aims and objectives through measured performance indicators.
· To be responsible for inspection policy and liaison.
· To implement an effective assessment and reporting system.
· To construct and strategic assessment policy for Junior High School.
· To produce a whole school assessment calendar
· To construct an exam timetable for internal exams
· Develop and review whole school systems to ensure robust self-evaluation (SEF) of school performance and actions to secure improvements.
· Support the Head of Junior High overseeing the department development plans and department reviews.
· Construct and calendar active departmental reviews
· To drive, lead and manage the Junior High team to successfully achieve whole school goals.
· Share inspirational and effective continual professional development for staff.
· Provide high quality performance management to staff.
· Provide staff mentoring and coaching to support staff, linked to their department development plan and within the whole school development plan.
· Provide detailed strategic presentations to governors concerning progress, pupil’s performance and staffing developments.
· Provide excellent teaching and learning strategies to staff.
· Lead and manage subject information, booklets and presentations.
· Provide homework schedule to staff, students and parents.
· Support the Head of Pastoral with the rewards and sanction policy within academic lessons.
· Support the Head of Junior High with termly awards, commendations and presentations evenings management.
· Complete regular workbook audits; and analyse & respond to audit outcomes.
· To work closely with the Head of Pastoral and Boarding Mistress to maintain high standards of pupil’s academic progress supported by the pastoral program.
· Lead on a proposal to introduce an academic VLE system for pupil’s parents and staff.
· Providing support & actively contributing to new staff induction.
· Ensuring equality for opportunity for all.
Operational Management (Day to day management) :-
· To assume Head of Junior High responsibilities in his absence.
· To work to develop successful partnerships with external agencies.
· Lead and manage staff management meetings – e.g.
· Line manage departments to – e.g.
· Oversee pupil entrance assessments and baseline testing.
· Oversee the effective management of parent consultation evenings
· To oversee academic staff absences within the Junior High School.
· To review and construct polices and protocols for Junior High School.
· Conduct weekly classroom visits to monitor teaching environment e.g. resources standards, tidiness of classroom, displays and whole classroom presentation
· To liaise with staff professionally and respectfully.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
If you would like to find out more about teaching in Hangzhou, China and the exciting professional opportunities available in the Wellington College Hangzhou, join us at one of our events in October 2018 in UK. The dates and venues are available on our website, via the link below.
To book a place at our events, please click here for registration.
Application deadline: 15 Oct 2018