This job is permanent however secondment opportunities for 12 months may also be considered, please state on your application if you are applying as a secondment.
The Governing Body at Warwick Road Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated, forward thinking individual who puts children at the heart of learning. We are a school that ‘exceeds expectations’ and accept nothing but the very best for our children. We are a highly successful school and our outcomes mirror this both at KS1 and KS2.
Currently, we are seeking to develop our Creative Curriculum so it too reflects the quality which is evident in our core subjects. Our new DHT will need to lead on the development of a new Creative Curriculum.
We are looking for a DHT who:
- Can motivate, challenge and inspire staff and pupils to achieve their full potential.
- Can demonstrate good leadership, management, organisation and communication skills.
- Has the passion to drive the school vision.
- Can enhance our current assessment systems.
- Can provide excellent teaching opportunities for children and enjoy weekly teaching commitments.
- Can assist the headteacher in the effective running of the school.
- Will take a lead in curriculum development and support subject leaders.
- Is able to work well under pressure, use their own initiative and have a clear understanding of the impact of initiatives on teaching and learning.
- Will thrive on new challenges, yet maintain a good work/life balance.
We can offer:
- A very effective leadership team.
- Supportive staff, governors and parents.
- Aspirational, confident and motivated children who demonstrate excellent behaviour for learning.
- A broad range of CPD opportunities for development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01924 455593 or you can visit the school website at www.warwickroad.kirklees.sch.uk
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached.
Application forms should be returned to the Headteacher either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address at the bottom of the page, by noon on Friday 20th April 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on: 23 April 2018
Interviews to be held on: Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd May 2018