32 hours 30 minutes per week
Following the promotion of our Deputy Headteacher to a Headship post, the Management Committee, Headteacher, staff and learners at Ethos College are seeking to appoint an inspirational, energetic, highly motivated, visionary candidate to the position of Deputy Headteacher from September 2018. This role will provide an exceptional opportunity for an aspiring Headteacher to develop the full repertoire of school leadership skills.
Applicants for this post must be able to evidence:
- A firm commitment to Inclusion and meeting the needs of vulnerable young people and their families;
- A proven track record of leading whole school initiatives that have a significant and positive impact on achievement;
- An ability to model, promote and develop high quality teaching and learning across the school;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to lead from the front and motivate, inspire and enthuse a whole staff team;
- A thorough understanding of the Key Stage 4 Curriculum and the ability to lead curriculum development.
In return, we can offer:
- An opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people across Kirklees;
- A dedicated team of staff and Management Committee Members / Trustees;
- A supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity;
- Strong commitment to your professional development.
Ethos College forms part of the innovative and forward looking Pupil Referral Service (PRS) within Kirklees. Teams within the PRS work in close partnership and are in the process of forming Ethos Academy Trust, with a view to converting to academy status on 1st September 2018. We are looking for a passionate, emotionally intelligent and highly effective senior leader to assume responsibility for and further drive significant aspects of school and wider trust development.
Informal visits are encouraged. To find out more about this exciting opportunity or to arrange an informal visit, please call Jayne Foster (Headteacher) or Colin Douro on 01484 543328.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01484 543328 or you can visit the school website at www.pupilreferralservice.co.uk/about-ethos/
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached.
Application forms should be returned to the Headteacher either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address at the top of the page, by 12pm on Friday 27th April 2018.