Headteacher – Victoria Gowan
The Governing Body of Lord Derby Academy are seeking to appoint to the position of:
L19-L23 (current value £65,735-£72,497)
Post starts September 2021
Lord Derby Academy opened on 1st February 2014 and is part of the Multi-Academy Dean Trust.
The Dean Trust’s core values include an emphasis on a traditional and academic education, excellent discipline and the instilling of respect. Our warm and ambitious approach results in improved academic outcomes and enriching life experiences for our pupils. The Dean Trust motto “Believe, Achieve, Succeed” runs through all aspects of school life at Lord Derby Academy.
Lord Derby Academy has been on a true journey of school improvement and is now a heavily oversubscribed school, with an excellent reputation in the local community and beyond.
At Lord Derby Academy you can work in a school where:
• High standards and expectations underpin all areas of school life (External Review 2021)
• Pupils’ behaviour is consistently good around school and in lessons (OFSTED 2019)
• The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding (OFSTED 2019)
• There is real strength and talent across each tier of leadership (External Review 2019)
The post has arisen due to the increase in pupil numbers at the school over recent years. The post is for an additional Deputy Headteacher to support the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and wider leadership team in moving the school forward strategically and operationally. The post is well-suited to an aspirant Headteacher.
Tours of the school are available on the following dates:
• Wednesday 7th April 2021 10:00am (School Easter holidays)
• Tuesday 13th April 2021 10:00am
• Wednesday 14th April 2021 10:00am
The successful candidate must have Qualified Teacher Status.
We are highly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS vetting procedures are required for all posts. Application forms and further information are available from
Closing date for applications: Thursday 15th April 2021, 12pm
Proposed interview dates: Thursday 22nd April 2021 and Friday 23rd April 2021
Lord Derby Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Lord Derby Academy, with its traditional values and high aspirations, offers an outstanding learning environment in the heart of a caring community of which pupils, parents and carers can be proud. Lord Derby Academy joined The Dean Trust in 2014 and...