We are looking to appoint a fantastic teacher and inspirational leader as our Deputy Headteacher. The successful candidate will work closely with the Headteacher and a team of Assistant Headteachers to build on the recent school improvements to ensure Archbishop Tenison’s becomes the school of choice for the local community.
Our recent school improvement journey has included refurbishment of key social and communal spaces, a complete review of our curriculum to ensure knowledge is planned and carefully sequenced and consistent systems for effective teaching and behaviour management.
As a small Church of England school, we have also developed a distinctive Christian vision which is ambitious for every child; we want our students to grow so that they might let their light shine before others (Matthew 5:16) in all that they do.
To find out more, click here.
The successful candidate will:
• identify with the Christian mission and ethos of our school
• be a competent and strategic leader with a proven track record of school improvement, including improving the quality of education
• be passionate about providing high quality leadership and developing these skills further
• be able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to help shape the future direction of the school
• be aspirational for both our school and yourself
• be able to think reflectively and creatively
In return, we will provide:
• bespoke professional development opportunities with the view to you becoming a future Headteacher
• a network of like minded individuals across the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi Academy Trust
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, identity and safeguarding checks including a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Details of how to apply can be found in the Deputy Headteacher Application Pack.
The closing date for applications is Midday on Monday 17th May, 2021.
Interviews will be on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th May, 2021
Archbishop Tenison's School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Tenison’s has many strengths, rooted in its Christian foundation.
The sense of belonging to a Christian community with a long and proud history underpins all we do.
Success is we believe about more than purely academic achievement. It is ...