Thank you for your interest in the post of Deputy Headteacher at Baines School. I am proud to be the Headteacher here and am delighted you are interested in joining our team at this exciting time of change. Baines School is a special place that has great potential to be a wonderful place for learning and personal development. There are so many positives to share, as well as a number of areas to improve. We are looking for an inspirational and driven leader to join us at a time where we want to rapidly move the school on the journey back to ‘Good’ and towards ‘Outstanding’.
This post arises following the retirement of the long-standing experienced Deputy Headteacher who has been at the school for over thirty years. This is an excellent leadership opportunity for an optimistic person who has energy, drive and a relentlessly positive outlook on the raising of standards. It will suit someone who has the aspiration for Headship. It is more important that we employ a dynamic leader who works well as part of a team than someone who has a specific focus area of leadership. The current Deputy Headteacher leads on safeguarding, staff induction, monitoring and evaluation and appraisal. We will re-shape the SLT roles and responsibilities once the appointment has been made in order to reflect the strengths of the team.
Baines School is currently an 11-18 school but due to financial pressures in the post 16 provision, the sixth form will officially close on 31st August 2019 and we will become an 11-16 school.
The ideal candidate:
- sees themselves as a future Headteacher, ideally within the next five years
- can model excellence inside and outside the classroom
- is flexible, resilient, has a ‘can do’ attitude and is relentlessly positive
- can inspire students and staff to be the best they can be
- is driven by moral purpose to serve the community of Baines School
We will offer you:
- excellent CPD opportunities-we will prepare you to lead your own school
- friendly and vibrant staff and students
- staff and governors who are loyal to the school and determined to see the school reputation and popularity restored
- stretch and challenge
- support from system leaders across other schools and the Local Authority
- opportunity to be part of a school improvement journey and make a real difference to students’ lives.
Opportunity for an informal pre-application visit to the school:
- Monday 23rd April 2018 4- 5.15pm
- Wednesday 25th April 2018 4 - 5.15pm
(To arrange a visit please contact Mrs C Porter, Head’s PA on 01253 883019)
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications: Thursday 3rd May 2018 at 12pm.
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 9th May 2018
Interviews Day 1 (shortlisted candidates at Baines School): Thursday 17th May 2018
Interviews Day 2 (The Village Hotel, Blackpool): Friday 18th May 2018
Please look at our website for more information about our school. You will be able to see details of our academic performance, recent successes, curricular and extra-curricular opportunities available. A full application pack is available for downloading from the site.
The School is committed to safeguarding students and staff. If you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check with a barred list check