The Governors wish to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and talented leader to be Deputy Headteacher following the promotion of the current postholder to Headteacher at our school. This is an exciting time in our school`s development and we are looking for an individual who will focus on providing the very best for every student and will positively contribute to Brownedge St Mary`s journey.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic committed to carrying forward the Catholic and inclusive ethos of the school
- have successful experience as an inspirational Senior Leader in a secondary school
- have a passion for outstanding learning, inspiring students and colleagues to be the best they can be
- have the skills to innovate, lead and motivate all stakeholders to build further sustainable success
- be committed to creating a caring environment that promotes academic, creative and personal achievement, alongside spiritual and moral development
- have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and students and the energy and determination to make a difference.
In return, Brownedge St Mary's offers:
- wonderful children, loyal and proud of their school
- hard working and committed staff
- insightful and supportive governors
- an environment shaped by the best pastoral care where every child's future matters.
There is some flexibility regarding the specific responsibilities of the role depending on the experience, skills and strengths of the successful applicant. We do not have any preference regarding subject specialism.
This is a good school. The school's strong moral ethos promotes pupils' good behaviour and exemplary relationships between teachers, pupils and their peers. (Ofsted Nov 2015)
Further information and an application pack are available to download from the school website:
Visits to the school will be available on the mornings of Monday 16 December 2019 at 9.30am and Thursday 19 December 2019 at 4pm. Please telephone the school to make an appointment.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Brownedge St. Mary's Catholic High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring the safety of all its children and young people.
Essential: Qualified Teacher Status, Degree, practising catholic, to have current experience as a senior/middle leader in a secondary school, to have current effective leadership of a team/department/key stage/ curriculum area, to have implemented and developed a whole school initiative, to have had experience of and ability to contribute to staff development across the secondary range, significant teaching experience within the secondary phase, to have a knowledge and understanding of both key stages in the secondary phase.
Interview date: Thursday 23 and Friday 24 January 2020.
Application forms available from: Mrs D Walmsley at the school firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require a hard copy application, please email: email@example.com or tel: 01772 535353, selecting the Recruitment option (8am - 6pm). Please quote the job reference number. Return forms to the Headteacher at the school. Ref: 170920. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Please note - the advert will show online until 27/12/19 however the closing date for applications is: 10 January 2020 at 12 noon.