Gordano School is a very large, over-subscribed secondary school with 1850 students on its roll, including 337 in the Sixth Form. We serve the growing town of Portishead in North Somerset and to accommodate the rising school population we recently decided to expand our Planned Admission Number from 308 to 336.
Since 2016 we have been part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (Multi-Academy Trust). In recent months two other secondary schools (Backwell School & Chew Valley School) have joined and we look forward to working closely with them in coming years. We also take a very central role in the work of the North Somerset Teaching Alliance. The School are now seeking to appoint an outstanding and forward-thinking Deputy Headteacher to work closely with the Headteacher and senior team to take this high performing and creative school on its next stage of development from September 2018. This exciting and challenging role would suit an existing Deputy or Assistant Headteacher looking for promotion.
We are looking for a leader who has:
• a convincing philosophy that underpins their commitment to education;
• a track record of success in raising standards for young people;
• an unwavering commitment to improving learning and achievement;
• the qualities needed to challenge, motivate and support colleagues to achieve the highest standards;
• the skills to network and build alliances across educational settings including the multi-academy trust structure.
We can offer you:
• a high achieving school with an outstanding national reputation for developing well-rounded, caring students;
• a culture where all students feel valued;
• a talented and well-motivated staff;
• happy, well-behaved, confident and hardworking young people;
• a supportive and committed Governing Body with interested and involved parents.
Furthermore, as Gordano School is part of a larger Trust, there are wider opportunities for the right candidate to collaborate in initiatives over a number of schools.
Gordano School offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping), child care vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
We would encourage prospective candidates to visit our school prior to application. Arrangements can be made by contacting Mrs Shirley Boden, Head teacher’s PA email@example.com or 01275 842606.
Applications should be emailed, with covering letter and application form (curriculum vitae optional), to Mr Tom Inman, Headteacher to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 9am on Wednesday 21st March 2018.
Interviews will be a two day process over the 11th & 12th April 2018.
Lighthouse Schools Partnership supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all successful applicants