This could be your next step towards Headship…
Guiseley School is a 11-18 fully inclusive school situated in a small town in the City of Leeds in West Yorkshire. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, it is now a suburb of north west Leeds, and close to the stunning Dales. Following the promotion of one of our Deputies to a Headship, the Govering Body are seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to commence in post from 1st April 2018.
We wish to appoint an outstanding individual, able to inspire and motivate both colleagues and students, provide support, appropriate challenge, and leadership for the Pastoral team. We seek not only an outstanding classroom practitioner but someone able to handle this challenging position with imagination, inspiration, integrity, experience and kindness. The Deputy Head plays a pivotal role in shaping school life and will require the ability to actively manage complex situations, and provide a strong lead on pastoral strategies. They will be a calm, positive and aspirational leader and role model to all in our community, promoting Guiseley School’s vision, mission and values.
The successful candidate will:
- Evidence strong and strategic leadership and management skills
- Be a strategic thinker who will inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Have a proven ability to lead and manage change
- Evidence experience of effective behaviour management and pastoral strategies
- Have a strong record of raising achievement and pupil premium initiatives
- Have outstanding communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrate experience of enhancing school ethos and student behaviour
Full application details are available via our website www.guiseleyschool.org.uk/about-us/recruitment. All applications to be either posted or emailed to: email@example.com
Closing date: Noon, Monday 22 January 2018
Interviews will be held on Monday 5 and Tuesday 6 February 2018
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We seek to promote diversity and equality of opportunity - applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, race, marital status, age, disability, sexuality, religion or faith.